Can you get tile cutter disks for angle grinders?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Or anything else I could use? Any Ideas would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
If you're talking about ceramic tile then I've use stone cutting disc with no problem.

cool that will help...need to cut some actually in situ.

Thanks

you can get discs specifically for tiles, or just use a diamond disc.

Sponsored Links
If you get a diamond disc (and I recommend you do), make sure you get one with a continuous edge and not one with cut out sections or you'll end up with a chipped edge to your cut.

Hi
I did this as well - if you cant get a continuous edge disk - lightly score the tile and cut up to it rather than just a pencil line - the score stops the chip from spreading (in most cases) !!!!
Good luck
G.

That "tile cutter" is totally unnecessary, it wouldn't be as managable as a regular 4 1/2" angle grinder and it's got the wrong kind of blade in it for tiles - continuous edge for decent cuts. Let alone the fact it's a oner! Don't waste thee brass lad. ;)

I disagree! :eek: :eek: I bought it to do a job with 600mm X 600mm X 10mm fully vitrified porcelain tiles in a wet room where the floor was laid diagonally. OK admittedly, this situation is a bit rare. The first thing I did was to change the blade to a continuous edge so as to stop chipping. But it was far more accurate than my 4 1/2" angle grinder. Also it doesn't 'kick' like a grinder. Yeah maybe it's a bit expensive, but as it has a variable depth guage, parallel fence and a mitring guide as well (also makes a good wall chaser!) it was a good buy. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back