Fitting new steel bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a steel bath and it comes with legs to fit it.

I am surprised that the fittings do not cradle the bath in any way there are just four plastic pads that stick to the bottom of the bath and they in turn attach to a steel cross member by way of a couple of nuts, one cross member at the back of the bath and one at the front is this the normal fittings for a steel bath ?? It does not seem very stable to me at all and there is no indication if where on the bath the pads should rest.

Sponsored Links
If theres no cradle, you need to construct a subframe from timber to steady the bath roll, all way round.. Last one I did had no cradle tho it was plastic Villeroy bosch ( spellin :oops: ). I dont do much refit stuff now but think this type (cradle less) is now quite common with foriegn stuff. Think others may give more info.....
Good luck
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back