Potterton Netaheat Profile start up problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Returned from holiday and Potterto Netaheat Profile boiler would not fire up.
To start with the fan started, pilot light solenoid went clunk, ignitor started to spark and pilot light lit but main burner did not. On closer inspection of the pilot light I noticed that the ignitor was still sparking.
Shut of boiler and attempted a restart. This time the fan again started, the solenoid clunked in but no spark and no pilot light.
I have the installation manual for the boiler as I installed it in 1990 although gas was connected by a CORGI fitter. Looking at the fault finder chart in the manual these symtoms indicate a faulty electronic control unit. Does this sound right?
Recently one of the solenoids has been making a buzzing sound which is more pronounced in very cold weather and as the gas feed pipe runs along an external wall I assume it is related to cold gas supply. Assume this is a gas valve solenoid problem. Can these solenoids be replaced without disconnecting the valve body itself?

Sponsored Links
hope you didnt have the cover off when you were checking the pilot!!!!!

the pcb has died

Most likely pcb, but could be leads etc.
Now you've had the cover off you'll have to get your corgi back to check the case seal with a flue gas analyser.
If/when they leak these boilers pump carbon monoxide into the room.
That is a Bad Thing
Found two recently, can't remember how many I didn't check...

ChrisR said:
Most likely pcb, but could be leads etc.
Now you've had the cover off you'll have to get your corgi back to check the case seal with a flue gas analyser.
If/when they leak these boilers pump carbon monoxide into the room.
That is a Bad Thing
Found two recently, can't remember how many I didn't check...

shiver

me too

Sponsored Links
Anyone got that link to all the pos pressure boilers ever made?

rob884 said:
thanks cm, will have a look

i am pretty sure they are near the back of it

sorry I am waaay too fat and lazy to get me own book

:)

DOnt want to burn useless calories you know ;)

I am having exactly the same problem. Did the OP here ever find out what the problem was - PCB or solenoids?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back