Whirlpool Dishwasher ADG937 - All noise no action

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, have recently moved house and the house i have now shifted into has with it the above mentioned built in dishwasher. It was working absolutely fine for the first 5 washes, and no for no reason it doesnt work at all. I start it, and it starts to make sounds like it is beginning (cannot hear water filling though) and then after about 30 seconds of noise it just stops. The greenlight is constantly flashing - not just say 2,3,4 times, but constantly. Any ideas as to where to begin looking ? thanks

Sponsored Links
Constant flash is error code 1. Faulty NTC.
Pour a kettle of very hot water into the sump, reset the machine and try again.

unfortunately i still get the exact same result/noises..followed by it just stopping and that light just flashing away. the machine has drained/taken the water away though - if that means anything positive...

check the flashing light for a pattern. Count the flashes between pauses.
If it's a continual flashing and the machine is under 6 years old then it's a faulty NTC.

Sponsored Links
it is just continual flashing, yes. Constant repeating with no breaks. The washer itself will be at least around 5yrs old but will also be under 9yrs old (house built then). After pouring the hot water into the sump should i wait a few minutes before running the dishwasher or do it straight after?

The age of the machine is quite critical as far as fault codes go.
On the edge of the door are two 12 digit numbers. Post them and I'll look up your particular machine.
As to the hot water question, start immediately after pouring it in.

8542 937 15310 and 33 9810 006053

Any further light/insight on this matter is much appreciated..!!! thanks

Machine was built in early 1998. You'll need an engineer to get the correct error code from the electronics. Any fault results in constant flashing of the start button.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back