Leak in bath tap pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've finally worked out where my slow leak is coming from, it's the pipe that supplies the cold bath tap. It looks like the joint where one copper slips into another has corroded. I have put a picture up, easier than explaining...

http://www.geocities.com/ghall12345/leak2.jpg

I'm not in a position to do new pipework myself, so other than calling a plumber, is there anything else I can do to rectify this? Any magic potions, or compounds?

Thanks for advice!

Sponsored Links
The leak doesn't appear to be associated with the taps, just the joint between two pieces of copper pipe leading to the taps.

So nothing I can really do then?

NBee said:
So nothing I can really do then?

Turn off water supply and open tap to run off excess.
Undo nut on tap,cut pipe and fit one of these push fit flexis...simple

p1636950_l.jpg

Sponsored Links
NBee said:
I'm not in a position to do new pipework myself...
Lagerkhan said:
Turn off water supply and open tap to run off excess.
Undo nut on tap,cut pipe and fit one of these push fit flexis...simple
An unorthodox definition of the word "simple", clearly.

I was watching one of the tV shop channels about a month ago and they had a compound that would fix leaks in a pin hole that you just pressed on the surface and it fixed it. It also worked under water so pipe/joint didn't have to be dry.

Can't remember waht is was called or what channel it was on, but it is out there. I wish I could find it again so I can by some, at least for temporary emergency fixes ;)

gas4you said:
I was watching one of the tV shop channels about a month ago and they had a compound that would fix leaks in a pin hole that you just pressed on the surface and it fixed it. It also worked under water so pipe/joint didn't have to be dry.
I can't see why the manufacturer of such an amazing and universally useful product would want to limit its sales by offering it to nobody other than bored shopoholics. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back