Advice on taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are kitting out a new bathroom. The cost of a bath/shower mixer and basin mixer have come as a bit of a shock - racking up total cost of £300-£400 in some cases.

On the other hand, I have come across others (Octavia Primaflow and Niagara Pixel) which are about £120 total (i.e. basin plus bath). Are these any good?

How do I reach a happy compromise?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Clf- gas is right! :)

But to avoid disappointment make sure the brassware is suitable for the water pressures from your plumbing. If you have a gravity hot water system you may only have about 0.1 to 0.2 Bar pressure at the taps, which is fine as long as the taps are designed with this in mind.

You may have to ask the salesmen a few more awkward questions they might not be able to answer before parting with any of your hard earned green drinking vouchers

Thanks for replies.

I suppose I'm just worried that I have absolutely no idea what constitutes a 'quality' tap and what would be deemed 'cheap and nasty'.

They all look fine to me!

Sponsored Links
Anything from a shed is usually cheap and nasty whatever it looks like ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back