Bosch MAXX WFL2000 Intermittent Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Bosch Maxx WFL2000 washing machine which is about 7 years old.

It still works fine, but sometimes at the end of the cycle we get a very slight leak (perhaps half a cup worth) at the bottom right hand side, near where the pump access cover and drain pipe are. It doesn't happen every wash, which is curious.

I have checked under the machine and inside the front casing, and don't believe it's coming from the door seal. Nor can I see any evidence of leaks from any of the pipes.

From the leak location, the obvious candidate is the extendible black hose that can be used to drain off the pump chamber, which also has a very primitive looking, user-removable plug on the end. But again I can't detect any water on this pipe following the leak....

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sandy,

I have a simialr spec machine (WFL2040 5.5yrs old), it too leaks intermittantly, hoese are fine, door seal fine, water seems to come from front, center bottom of machine too. I put a towel under the machine. This prevents water running all over the floor and it indicates exactly were the water is comming from. I noticed the water level has been higher than usual (normally just above the rubber seal, now its upto 2-3cm higher) and noticed this is when it leaks. So I suspect my problem (and maybe yours) is to do with overfilling (particularly on "rinse" programme). Let me know if your water level too is simialr.

Regards Simon.
PS I am dissapointed with this machine, it should last more than 5 years. Interestingly, I bought 6 Bochs products (Oven,Ceramic cooktop, rangehood,washine machine and dryer) .. the rangehood and oven broke 1 year ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back