Ground Floor WC Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Got ground floor WC directly connected to drain.

Usual problem the outlet through the floor is way too far into room for modern toilet 8" odd.

I started lifting tiles this morning to retile i now have a damned big hole.

Intending to join using flexi coupler to clay pipe. Can i

1) Cut through horizontal existing clay and add plastic short length etc to Use a 90 deg bend to bring new plastic vertically up into room - good option for me as i dont have to start digging outside to get new pipe close enough to wall ... or

2) As 1) but have to use large radius rest bend as the building regs require at bottom of a stack. P.s. this involved digging up garden path also!

Therefore q is does this constitute a stack or not (ps nothing else is connected to it).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for that. Sadly the existing clay 90 bend was entombed in concrete the whole way round as well as the pipe at least 1m back towards the drain, meaning it was not possible with the access i had (!) to be able to reveal enough clay pipe minus concrete casing to add a join to for option 1.

So its off to the hire shop to dig the path up for option 2. It seems the whole clay pipe is entombed in concrete but at least outside i can get the whole way round the pipe and concrete lump and carefully chip off concrete to allow a join to go in.

Else it is the whole lot up and new chamber etc - all to move a bleeding pipe 6" inside a cloakroom ouch.

Those reading who have a toilet boxed in away from the wall to mate up to a soil pipe that comes through the floor but a long way out from the skirting etc - take note. In your search for a flush toilet, you might just uncover a can of worms as i have done.

Unless you enjoy a hydraulic breaker and lots of effort and expense that is :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back