electrical supply.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can i wire a power shower in from a live feed in the attic (possibly from lighting loop) or does it need to come from somewhere else? thankyou.

Sponsored Links
But if your a camebridgeshire carrot muncher you can take it from next door's attic. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
For one you have to be suitably qualified and a member of a certifying body to do electrical work in a bathroom.

Secondly I wouldn't take power from the lighting circuit for the pump. I would spur it off an rcd protected ring on the same level fused down via a switched connection unit just outside, or provide a new rcd protected radial from the distribution board, cage it into the bathroom bonding.

WARNING!!!

You are playing with death to you, your family, and all who visit your home if you proceed alone!!!

To install the electric supply yourself is the most fool-hardy thing you could possibly do, unless you or anyone else who wires it up, know completely what they are doing, and are suitably qualified :!:

There is a multitude of regulations on this type of installation designed to protect you and your familys life, which I am confident you know nothing about. (no disrespect intended)

You need to get a professional in to do this job who has knowledge of NICEIC regulations as it must conform to BS7671.

Apart from risking death, you would also invalidate your home insurance should your house burn down, not to mention criminal proceedings for manslaughter.

This is not an area to cut corners on, and tho I could advise you in part, I could not give a full 'how-to' without firstly inspecting your electrics.

Just consider this fact "WATER, PLUS ELECTRICITY EQUALS DEATH EVERY TIME! (ask anyone who has ever been seated in 'Old Smokey')"

p.s. i felt so strongly about this, that i joined specifically today to warn you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back