soil stack leaking from roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It appears that when it rains (in a certain direction), rainwater runs down the outside of the soil stack from the roof and collects between the soil pipe enclosure and the ceiling creating a large ish wet patch.

I believe that the soil stack entrance on the roof hasn't been finished properly and allows for water ingress.

We have an NHBC <1y cert.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Sponsored Links
This will be covered by the NHBC warranty, or in your case by the builders as it is less than 2 years old, or have I read the< correctly :rolleyes:

Sounds like the lead slate has not been installed properly. :(

Make use of your warranty and get them back to rectify.

Thanks for the replies.
Yes the house is less than 1 year old, I will therefore get the builder to mend it. :evil:

Sponsored Links
some ammo for you . ;) have a look @ the pipe thru the roof ........above the lead slate should be a tapered collar........this should be GLUED onto the pipe not just sitting round pipe (unless it`s a black rubber one :oops: ) cuz water will creep down and run down pipe . Have a google on Marley or Hunter plastcs for illustrations

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back