whats the best tool to hire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace an old fence, despite it being old the posts seem to be rock solid, I want to fit a higher 6ft fence but will need to dig out the old panels, the lawn is getting re turffed so it doesnt matter how big a hole I dig. I first thought of hiring a post hole borer (I think thats what their called) but someone told me their crap, if so what should I use?

Sponsored Links
jack hammer?

(to break concrete holding existing posts)

for smallest holes fr new posts you want a funny pair of spades, the ones that looks like 2 siamese spades with long handles

not the giant corkscrew no.

they are a pain and the powered ones do need 2 people to hold on very tight

Sponsored Links
if you can stagger the start of the fence you can miss the existing concrete and dig in fresh virgin soil. If thats the case get a trenching spade (about £15). Its quicker and neater than anything else. keep the holes as small as possible to give the posts as much support as possible. If you cant miss the concrete youre going to need a kango or similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back