Wanting a shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to change my thermostatic shower unit to a more modern design.I know i will be needing a pump for this.My cold is straight of the mains and the cold is from a tank on the same level as the bathroom.The cold water pressure is fantastic but the hot is just normal for this type of setup.Can you recommend a good quiet pump just to pump the hot water side of the system as i think this is the best way for me to go.This is the type of shower head i am hoping to use.
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1735-1813

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Great looking shower, Andru. I'm not sure which pump is the quietest. However, Stuart Turner pumps are some of the noisiest so you might want to avoid those. I had one once and you could hear it throughout the whole house.

New Team Dura speed is excellent but I am unsure if they do a single impellor version

Stan

Sponsored Links
main thing with a shower pump is try to find one that has a continuous duty cycle.
What that means is that you can run it for as long as you want (the newteam is such a pump)
There are a great many pumps out there which have a duty cycle of 15-30 mins max and for some people that aint long (like the kids :evil: )

bear in mind that you cannot pump your cold supply and trying to balance mains fed cold and pump hot could be a nightmare - most mixers require equal pressure on both supplies.

You could try a venturi type shower (the cold mains pressure pumps the tank fed hot)

or you could try a pressure equailising valve if you go down the mains cold/pupmed hot route.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back