Large lonely goldfish in pond

D

diane1

hi, i have a small pond with one large 6/7 inches long goldfish in it, id like to get him some friends, but im worried that he would eat them. does anyone know if i can just put more goldfish in the pond with him??

diane :)

Sponsored Links
;) thanks.just didnt want to send any little fishes to an untimely end!

cheers!, diane

Goldfish, which are a member of the carp family, will eat smaller fish, such as their own babies and minnows............. :eek:

Just make sure your new goldfish are at least 2" long, this will also help to stop them getting bullied............... :cry:

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
never heard that one bvefore (eating the smaller ones)

My wife has kept Goldfish, tropical fish, and marine fish, at various times in the past.
Once any babies are born into the tank, its like feeding time at the zoo.

We had to net any survivors out as quickly as possible, and transfer them to a small holding tank, this included baby Goldfish........

yes great idea... get lots of little ones fatten it up a bit and get the chips on, I hear carp are tasty.... :LOL:

I wish mine would eat the smaller ones I started off with six now I have over a hundred :eek:

If you can get a few goldfish that are a pretty decent size, 2 inch+, they will be fine.

breezer said:
never heard that one bvefore (eating the smaller ones)

My wife has kept Goldfish, tropical fish, and marine fish, at various times in the past.
Once any babies are born into the tank, its like feeding time at the zoo.

We had to net any survivors out as quickly as possible, and transfer them to a small holding tank, this included baby Goldfish........

Are you sure these fish were not piranah
images

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back