Fitting Wall Mounted Bath Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought a Storm bath filler wall mounted.

I have now come to fit the tap and I’m having great trouble in getting it to fix to the stud wall with out moving or dropping forward is there any instructions available to fit the tap to the wall.

Sponsored Links
When fitting wall mounted taps to a studded wall, I usually fit 3/4 ply between the studs and drill the hole centers into the ply. This gives something solid to connect too.

That’s sort of what I’ve got. The problem is the taps don’t seem to have any fixing with them, the only thing that is holding them on is the pipes you connect to! The only fixing is the 2 screw on covers on each pipe which are relay flimsy.

Hers a link to Roper Rhodes Storm Single Lever Wall Mounted Bath Filler t.223502 if it helps.
http://www.roperrhodes.co.uk/Range.asp?cat=7&id=386#

What about the back nuts, on the threaded pipe to whitch you connect hot and cold pipes?.

Sponsored Links
It came with 2 cranked elbows that are connected to the hot and cold pipes they then poke through the wall. The flange covers should then screw on and then the tap.
Should I be fixing the cracked elbows into the wall so they don’t move and then attach the tap?
I’ve been told that if a fix it all together, push the tap back to the wall and then fill the gap behind the stud wall with something like expanding foam it should hold it all together. Not sure if this would work?

p1077993_x.jpg

Ones with 3 fixing holes would be better.

jdobson1999 said:
I have recently bought a Storm bath filler wall mounted.

I have now come to fit the tap and I’m having great trouble in getting it to fix to the stud wall with out moving or dropping forward is there any instructions available to fit the tap to the wall.

Try reading the instructions you have. I`m sure it`s there somewhere. ;)

Use the fixing Chrisr shows or you can also get back plates from screwfix with 150mm centers which are in turn screwed to your ply backing.
Pete

I know this is a very old thread, but for anyone with a similar problem (like myself) the `S` union fixing that came with my very heavy Grohe wall taps are not strong enough. I intend to use the Bristan wall mount fixing as this uses a fixing flange with a compression fitting built in which helps for fitting too. This link explains http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/taps/installing_wall_mounted_tap.htm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back