hi, removing the chimney brest upto the loft in a mid terris

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, i am abouts to move into housing association property but would really like to take the chimney out upto the attic, i have no idea about what to do first but i believe i could accomplish this with the right help?

any1 any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I don't think you should even think about starting a job like that without informing the housing association, or at least the building control office.

After all, it is their house

iounothing said:
hi there, i am abouts to move into housing association property but would really like to take the chimney out upto the attic, i have no idea about what to do first but i believe i could accomplish this with the right help?

any1 any ideas?

are you renting or buying!!!

i have asked the housing ppl, but they are un-able to inspect the property untill 22nd and they said that they would need to get there savour to look at it?
i just need to know what i need to do if they say it be ok but we're not going to do it for you.

its a mid terrace 3 bed with the breast on the right hand adjoining wall, not too sure how it would work for me to take my chimney breast out, and any got any ideas of method, i got top to bottom so far but i'm guessing its not as simple as just knocking the bricks though and letting them fall to the bottom???

cheers for any further reply's.

Sponsored Links
if it adjoining your neibours you will need a party wall agreement and you will need to know you that the chimnies are back to back and not side by side
[not half on each side of the wall]

yer there back to back. what is a party wall agreement, and how do i get the form?

cheers.

removing the chimney brest up to the loft

this has got to be a wind up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back