biro on wallpaper!!

Sponsored Links
Something I definitely WOULDN'T recommend would be one of those biro rubbers. These are very abbrasive and work by sanding off the top layer of paper. So on wallpaper that would be VERY bad.

If the worst comes and you can't get this biro off, and it is in a very prominent position, perhaps just remove the affected run of wallpaper? I.e. the single floor-to-ceiling length. If it is a couple of years old it will possibly stand out at first, but after a couple of years it will fade like the rest.

breezer said:
meths? but try a test patch first, and dont rub too hard

Wouldn't that stain quite horrifically? (hence try the test patch I guess :) )

How does sugar soap sound to everyone?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, my question wasn't clear. I didn't specify if I meant the sound of shaking the sugar soap in granulated form or sloshing it about in solution :p

But seriously, would sugar soap clean it off? What about isopropyl alcohol, it seems to be good for everything else (apart from drinking, never for drinking).

Hairspray removes it very successfully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back