seal on double glazing

Sponsored Links
I reckon I've got the same problem - but on my windows. Cold air gushes in (and rain too at the bottom apex oof each window),

What to do?

I experienced shrinking seals on my UPVC windows, leaving gaps at the corners that let the rain into the frame. The solution was simple - remove the seal (it should pull out with the help of a blunt scraper to hook it), then give the seal a good stretch to lengthen it a bit, refit by pushing it back in, and finally put a spot of superglue at each end to stop it shrinking back again. Start with the bottom and top seals then do the verticals. Mine has been absolutely fine since.

Sponsored Links
I have 3 small windows that have the plastic covered foam gaskets which have perished, the windows are quite old but otherwise fine . I would like to replace them with rubber but they have disintegrated to the point where it is difficult to match the profile, can anyone help?

Also the windows are upstairs above a carport so access will have to be from inside so I would be working blind on certain sections would that create much of a problem?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back