Neff electric oven water damage !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice/help please.
Have a Neff single electric oven attached to a normal plug, and plugged into a wall socket to the right behind the oven.
Well, sunday evening had a leak in the kitchen from the ceiling which in turn developed to a mini flood. Water escaping and coming through extractor fan through, gas hob and all over the work tops, floor etc. Extractor and gas hob have dried out in a couple of days and work fine.
Now the oven from the start the timer/clock worked but as soon as I turn the selector nob it tripped. After a couple more days drying out I have oven lights working and can turn nob several times before it again trips. Have carefully taken side/bottom panel off and have notice part of the white insulation at the bottom of the oven is wet. Still drying and haven't checked it again for a couple of days.
Any thoughts.............. or is it a new oven ?

Sponsored Links
Once the thermal insulation is dry it may well be OK

BUT the ends of the elements where the wires are connected and any other exposed connections may be corroded and weakened so will need careful inspection.

dork84 said:
Looking for some advice/help please.
Have a Neff single electric oven attached to a normal plug, and plugged into a wall socket to the right behind the oven.
Well, sunday evening had a leak in the kitchen from the ceiling which in turn developed to a mini flood. Water escaping and coming through extractor fan through, gas hob and all over the work tops, floor etc. Extractor and gas hob have dried out in a couple of days and work fine.
Now the oven from the start the timer/clock worked but as soon as I turn the selector nob it tripped. After a couple more days drying out I have oven lights working and can turn nob several times before it again trips. Have carefully taken side/bottom panel off and have notice part of the white insulation at the bottom of the oven is wet. Still drying and haven't checked it again for a couple of days.
Any thoughts.............. or is it a new oven ?

It now works fine - took 6 days to dry out.... thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back