BAXI Combi 105e DHW Problems!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, the problem is that when we run a hot tap the boiler fires up and everything seems ok and the lights indicating temp rise as normal, however when it gets to 50 degrees the flame goes out and only kicks back in when the water is almost stone cold!! thaen it stops at 50 again! the thermostat is turned right up! Please help!, i have had the temp sensor out and cleaned it but it hasnt helped!

Sponsored Links
try the filter in the return,bottom rhs in the isolating valve prob full of dirt.

No point cleaning the sensor if it is out of range, would be worth replacing it for a tenner or so before you embark on the bigger possiblities (or test resistance @ given temperatures if you can)

Sponsored Links
Terrywookfit said:
Could be plate heat exchanger full of rubbish!!
Quick job to check.

What way would yea do it tho terrywookfit for this so called quick job check.

matt_t586 said:
Clean as a whistle!! also what would the HTG return have to do with my
hot water!!!!?

if the filter was clogged/blocked fair chance your plate he is dirty so no transfer of heat :rolleyes: .that is your problem is it not?

THe filter was clean spotless even! i dont know the problem other than im not getting hot water!!!!

You would need to do a thermal survey on DHW to see if the plate HE is blocked.

I have seen one which LOOKED clear but did not allow any water to flow throught it.

Has the pump impeller been checked???

Tony

BOB D.O.L.E said:
Terrywookfit said:
Could be plate heat exchanger full of rubbish!!
Quick job to check.

What way would yea do it tho terrywookfit for this so called quick job check.

Turn off supplies> Drain and remove. (10 mins).
I have personally never encountered one that shows no sign of problems as Agile suggests!!!
I generally find "Tea leaf" type deposits in the primary water side!
Sometimes a quick reverse flush will get it operating again.
I carry a selection of units for replacement which i then powerflush when doing an installation!! (OR rather my assistant does).10 mins with a dose of FX2 and they are like brand new ;)
Installers in Antarctica tend not to powerflush :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: but I have also found this problem on properly flushed and inhibited new systems (MY OWN) :oops: :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back