Shower wattage differences?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace my current shower which is rated at approximately 7kW. I have seen one with 50% off the price which is 8.5kW. Does this make a difference? Can I replace my 7kW one with a 8.5kW one? What else would I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Sponsored Links
What size conductors serve the existing shower how far is it and what does it go through to get there, and what size fuse has it currently got ???

YorkyPaul said:
I need to replace my current shower which is rated at approximately 7kW. I have seen one with 50% off the price which is 8.5kW. Does this make a difference?
Yes. It will draw more current than the old shower. If your existing cable isn't beefy enough then it will be capable of overheating. Overheated cables can melt, and melted cables can, and do, cause fires.

Can I replace my 7kW one with a 8.5kW one? What else would I need to do?
See Chivers7's post - once you've answered those questions the action you need to take will be known.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back