Hotpoint W/D keeps on draining water before spin cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 9901P Hotpoint washer/dryer, of late after it finishes the main wash cycle it pumps out all the water, it then fills with water again during the rinse cycle, it then drains out the water and for the final time fills cold water just before the spin cycle, at this point the water just keeps on filling and the drum does not fill up because the water drains out \\\"without\\\" the drain pump running.

I have checked there doesn\\\'t appear to be any valve around the drain sump pipe and the drain pump so wondering how this drainage is controlled as all the water that is coming in runs out of the drain pipe and therefore the machine just waits to fill up before it can move to the spin cycle.

Any ideas what to look for?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
waste hose from the machine has dropped low down. Needs hooking up. to just above drum height.

i agree with chrisR, your m/c is syphoning. that it what the little grey "thing" on the waste pipe is for. so you can limit how much pipe goes down the waste pipe. as chrisR says you have too much pipe down your main waste pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back