Mixer Taps in Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, New mixer taps fitted just over 12 months ago, however, recently the hot water stopped flowing, then restarted again. Now stopped again. Could need cleaning or washer replacing.
However, dont laugh, I cannot figure out how to get the tap off.
I have turned the flat top (coloured red!!) anti clockwise and it has come off, but underneath everything seems that it is connected together, thought I could unscrew the inside to clean it or whatever.
Will try to post a picture if you dont understand what I am trying to explain.
Thanks, :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You might have a tap with a cosmetic shroud has to be unscrewed before you can remove the valve body. A picture would help.

However, don't remove the valve body without isolating (shutting off the water to) the tap.

Stuff gets trapped on the incoming side of the tap - we had this problem. I undid the connection under the sink and back flushed the tap by forcing water down the spout. (you can do this by holding some tough plastic material over the end of the spout and turn both hot & cold on, forcing the cold down the hot. Have a bucket under the sink where you've disconnected).

Thanks
Will make sure water is shut off before doing anything.
Having trouble with posting picture, so how do you unscrew a cosmetic shroud please.
Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Lancashire Lass said:
Having trouble with posting picture, so how do you unscrew a cosmetic shroud please.
If it's the type that unscrews, you just unscrew it.

There are many different types of tap, which is why a picture is invaluable. What trouble are you having posting one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back