How do you kill Acrylic?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hate my bath

There you go, I'm a plumber and I can't stand my bath. But, my missus is 4'8" & 49KG - I'm 6'7" & 118KG. She just does not understand that I am wedged into this 1700 x 700 monstrosity.

I tried to reason this evening, but to no avail - so my only option is sabotage. Any ideas as to the best way of causing a fatal problem (I was thinking of a pinhole leak just below the water line) would be greatfully received! And I mean for the bath not the missus!

Oh and if a short oriental looking girl asks if you can still get 1700 x 700 plastic baths? You know what to say! - Otherwise you have me to contend with :evil:

Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
my missus is 4'8" & 49KG
You have to be kidding - your missus is the same weight, and about the same height, as an HP colour laser printer I carried up a flight of steps last week. :eek:

Does she have a separate black cartridge? What's her cost per page?

make her sit at the tap end and explain it would be more comfortable if you had a bigger bath.

Or she may be trying to economise on water since there is probably only room for a couple of pints with you in the bath.

When I go to the beach, Greenpeace keep trying to roll me into the sea - does that happen to you?

Sponsored Links
Maybe if you and she saw eye to eye?

Alternatively, spill some paint stripper in it and tell her off for not cleaning it ;)

:LOL: :LOL: Chris - I'll show her that later....

I have to come up with an idea that looks like a failure rathe than me just being a clumsy oaf - I'm fed up with the nagging as it is :(.

I have thought about painting somethnig on hte underside that would work its way through, but couldn't think of anythnig suitable...

Nail polish remover, if its the right type of acrylic it will craze and break and best thing is you can blame the missus :LOL: :LOL:

You are a biggun Dan and no mistake

have you tried stepping into the bath rigorously

wearing hob nail boots mebbe ;)

alternatively send off for the weekend to a spa or summink saying "my darling you deserve a break" etc

then change the bloody thing to summink more be fitting a man of your stamp

like an indoor pool

;)

:LOL: :LOL: She just got back from a 6 week trip home, but i didn't have time to do it then which is a real pain.

The damn thing is remarkably sturdy considering the alround general pikeyness of the the thing. I think a couple of precision rub downs on the under side with some emery paper will weaken it enough - I'll try and do it so her foot goes thorugh instead of mine.

Good news is that it is on the gound floor and that is tiled... :D:D:D

Mmmwwwaaaahhhaaaaahahahahahahah!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Rip it out Dan and bang a reet good jet spar in, the little lady will be chuffed ;)

Oh and by little lady Iam not having a dig at her stature :p Cause she's big enough to tell you how it is :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Dan, How about telling her the manufactures have recalled them because of a serious flaw, just conjure up a letter and send it to her, im sure she will believe you. :LOL: :LOL: :cool: :cool: regards chrisey

find some job that needs doing in the bathroom and drop a hammer in it.

markplumb said:
find some job that needs doing in the bathroom and drop a hammer in it.

Can't be seen to be clumsy.... :( not easy when you're my size!

Chrisey - not a bad idea, except that I have to explain this in a hybrid of two languages. Doing this for reverse parking was hard enough; but why a plastic bath is now dangerous would stretch my patience too far (there's already a whole in the door from the last time).

Dan_Robinson said:
I have to explain this in a hybrid of two languages.
Well it's about time you learned yourself to speak proper English now innit? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back