quadrant shower cubicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting an offset quadrant shower cubicle. Both straight sides of the tray are level but the curved part on the top has a gradual slope on it towards the middle. The bottom aluminium rail of the cubicle referred to as the bottom orbit in the instructions doesnt fit flush on to the tray. Coming away from the corners the gap between the tray and the orbit gradually increases to a maximum of 7mm near the drain hole. Is this normal? Does the bottom orbit of the cubicle sit on some kind of cement or plumbers seal. No matter how much I have played around with the adjustments of the upright side fastening posts the gap is still there. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The aluminium rail you refer to should sit fluch with the tray. The vertical parts of the cubical should be adjustable to stop the uneven walls "pulling up" the orbit from the tray. The cubical will be seals to the tray on the outhide edge but this shouldnt be used an as adhesive as well, the tray and cubical should be flush in the first place

I agree it should be flush with the shower tray but it isn't. No amount of adjustment of the uprights puts the bottom rail flat on the tray. The tray isn't level on it's curved side. After posting this I looked back through this forum to find somebody has had a similar problem but nobody had posted a solution. It would seem the trays are made like this. The only solution I can see is to pack the gap between the tray and the bottom rail with some kind of sealant or filler, but what?

Thats odd thats it not level. Mine was spot on. If its sloping downwards then the only thing to do is to maybe fill the gap with silicon - but filling a 7mm gap with silicon will be hard

Sponsored Links
Speaking to a tradesman yesterday, says that a lot are sent back faulty. I e mailed the manufacturers about 3 days ago but have had no reply.

who are the seller and manufacturer? 3 days for a reply, seems like they don't want to know.

you did right, had a few pottery peices way out of square but no shower trays.

OK, so this is old...

I had exactly the same problem (in a flat I wanted to rent out), and I sent the tray back. The replacement was not quite so bad, so I accepted it. It still delayed things so I lost two month's rent...

OK, so this is old...

I had exactly the same problem (in a flat I wanted to rent out), and I sent the tray back. The replacement was not quite so bad, so I accepted it. It still delayed things so I lost two month's rent...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back