Cracks appearing around new upvc window - Is this normal?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had a new UPVC window fitted in my daughter's bedroom a few weeks ago, not sure if it's relevant but we got triple glazing to replace the old double glazing to reduce noise from the road outside. Anyway, the company fitters managed to break all the new window's beads whilst trying to fit them over the windows, left it all patched up for a week then finally came back & fitted new beading.

We thought that was it, everything looked fine, til yesterday we found a lump of plaster had fallen off above the top of the window, so we took the venetian blind down and then also found cracks have developed in the plaster above the new window.

I'm a mum who has no idea about these things and if this is normal to happen with a new window or not? I would hope / guess not?! Please can someone offer advice on what I should do - should the company come back & make the plaster good? I've included a couple of pics, Thanks x

Sponsored Links
Yep, definitely call them back....and tactfully ask for their best fitter!
Looks like they couldn't wait to get to the pub.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back