Euro lock barrel fallen out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new here...

As per the title I have a upvc front door and last night as we were leaving the barrel came out with the key! I've looked all over the net and various forums and can find many posts about stuck keys and such but in my case the middle part of the euro lock has fallen out inc 12(ish) gold pins leaving the remaineder of the cylinder. I'd happily replace the cylinder myself but the door is locked shut and the cylinder / barrel on the inside just rotate all the way round.

I suppose my question is.. Short of taking the door off the hinges (if this is possible) how do I get my door open to replace the euro cylinder? The door is brand new and was replaced by the previous owner around a month ago

Really appreciate any help,
Regards..
Matt

Sponsored Links
Do you have a lever/pad handle?? (Outside you require the key to get in)
If you do and the deadlock hooks/cams aren't locked in, you'll just need to prize open the door where the latch is. Other than that you'll have to drill or snap the remaining barrel or the screw holding the barrel in if you can see it

Surely with the barrel and all the pins out there must be a way to turn it.

I think criminals used to drive a screw into the key hole and use a claw hammer to pull out the barrel to break into houses.
I have seen it a few years ago on youtube but they censor the next bit of how they turned it in the video I saw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back