How do i know if my lock conforms to BS3621 insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i recently had a new front door installed. My insurance stipulates that the lock must comply with BS3621 standards. I can's see anything on the lock but given it's a new door and a new lock, can I assume that it is compliant? The fitter is no help BTW !
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it's a 5 lever mortice in a timber door [should be marked on the edge] then it should be OK, even insurance companies do not know what it is they are stipulating.Was you installer fensa registered?

if it is, it will have the kitemark and the year stamped on the fore-end (the brass or steel plate that is visible on the front of the door)

It would help if you said if it a wooden or plastic door, and a mortice lock (like a Chubb) or a nightlatch (like a yale) or what.

Have you got an itemised receipt?

A photo would help too.

This is a typical BS mortice deadlock
52213_P

This is a typical BS nightatch (the cylinder housing on the outside of the door is huge compared to an ordinary Yale type)
88810_P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back