rain leaking through back door, ruining floor, help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My lean-to conservatory got destroyed by the storm last week, and I'm finding that the back door that lead into it is completely inadequate. It is south-west facing and the rain is being driven into it as I write. Water is getting in and under the parquet floor. I put this stormguard around-door seal on the outside of it last week, but water is still getting in I think from the side of the bit that extends forward at the bottom of the door (not sure what it's called).

I really can't afford a new door at the moment, and have been scouring the internet for a simple 'screen' door that I can attach to the frame and will keep the rain off the actual door. The only screen doors I can find in the UK though are insect screens with mesh, and not many of those. Can anyone advise where I might be able to find a screen door, or if there is any other solution at the moment?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I don't think fitting any kind of screen door is the solution, but if your willing to try why not fit a rubber flap on to the bottom of the door. Not only would this provide a temporary solution (assuming it worked) but it would test out your theory that the rain water is coming in at the bottom (not always obvious even when an experienced joiner looks at it) Here's a little sketch of what I'm getting at - View media item 70996 ...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back