Trickle vent - is there something missing?

• Thread starter Deleted2797112
  • Start date
D

Deleted2797112

My late father's house has 3 upvc windows with this arrangement full width at the top of the window. I'm assuming it's some kind of trickle vent as the brown piece with the oval holes slides backwards and forwards to open/close the holes. But should it look like this, which is horrible? Is there some kind of cover missing that I can buy/install and if so where can I get them and what are they called?

TIA!

View media item 82360
View media item 82359

Sponsored Links
Normally you can pull the flap up or down depending on the type of vent fitted, you sure you can't close it i some way? They can stiffen up if left open for yonks.

Thanks! I don't think there's any flap. The brown piece just slides a couple of inches from left to right to allow or stop the airflow - there's no knob or handle to do it, you just have to stick your finger in one of the holes and push/pull. It's more the aesthetic appearance I want to improve. It looks unfinished as the brown vent is set slightly back from the white face of the frame as if there should be some kind of cover. It's a real dirt-trap too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back