UPVC Door Dropped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK I am stumped so help needed, I have a UPVC door fitted by a friend of a friend about 3 years ago, the door has dropped and I thought easy fix, got my hex keys out and flipped the bottom caps off to find that the this moves the door in and out for a tighter seal of the door. So flipped the top off to find no adjuster nor at the side.

So I see a thing about toe and heel but looking at the window it isnt 1 big peice of glass its 2 seperate small ones at the top.

I dont think these would be heavy enough to make the door sag so what else can it be ?? :evil:

thankyou

Sponsored Links
If there is no sideways adjustment on the hinges then heal & toeing is your only option

sometimes the hinge adjusters at the bottom of the hinge go in an out but up /down at the same time

Sponsored Links
The simplest way is to lift the door off the hinges (they are invariably lift off hinges) place a shims/washers to suit amount needed to lift door correctly, then replace door. Check all roller catches and keepers and the latch and lock for solid operation...pinenot :)

P.S. the bottom adjusting screws will turn one full revolution, going back to the original door-frame distance, but will crank up each time. Check and see first if there's any adjustment left, all three hinges must have this amount of adjustment or it's as I have said above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back