Cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will shortly be attempting to clad a self built timber garage 6mx6m....what would be the best(read easiest) way to clad the exterior...been looking at log lap or featheredge, log lap sounds a bit trickier and more of a faff as it needs to be "blind nailed" whereas featheredge can be face nailed...like putting up close board fencing I guess which I've done plenty of.
Of course the other half wants log lap as "it looks nicer" and I have to agree but do you need to leave some sort of expansion gap when fitting the tongue and grooves together or can they just be snugged up, any advice on the nailing process of both types would also be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I ran feather edged over my table plane before fixing [also painted first as it prevents untreated areas showing when it shrinks] give a slightly more aesthetic finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back