New worktop installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I am on the verge of rearranging my kitchen which also involves some new cabinets and worktop. The problem I am having is with supporting the corner sections of the worktop as on the left side it will be 900 mm long with a 300mm cupboard at the end and on the right side there are some boxed in water pipes giving an inverted L shape to the wall. Without having to buy 600 mm units to support the corner sections, is there a cheaper way as I am on a budget for the last pieces. I was thinking of end support panels with a supporting beam joining to the other units. Would this be feasible or will I have to get the 600 mm units? Many thanks for any suggestions

Sponsored Links
You can baton the walls to support all edges, panels can be used for wider spans that require support .

You can baton the walls to support all edges, panels can be used for wider spans that require support .

Thanks for your response. I was going to use a support panel on the right side as I am placing our dishwasher on the corner next to that section and wanted to cover the gap left when removing the sink unit. I suppose any kind of wood batons would be appropriate or would I have to select a particular type of wood?

I have a spare piece of 600x600x18mm MDF board. Would that suffice if cut down appropriately?

Any type of baton will do , just be aware it will reduce dimensions around appliances, you don't want to install so it obstructs them.

Sponsored Links
Any type of baton will do , just be aware it will reduce dimensions around appliances, you don't want to install so it obstructs them.

There won't be any appliances in those areas, just emptiness that will be hidden

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back