not enough depth for skirting@

Had the same problem - solution was to chop a bit of the bottom of the door off. Unless you're completely OCD then who gives a monkeys if it looks a bit "bespoke"? :LOL: :LOL:

Seen that a few times , a door notched to go around an obstruction and I seem to recall seeing on the internet ( it might even have been linked from this site) a door that had been cut to pass a wash hand basin :eek:

So it looks like it's back to your original idea of a piece of ply or perhaps thin mdf depending on the finish you are applying.

Yea I think so... The final finish will be Dulux satinwood so think the plywood should be ok. I will have a go tonight!

Sponsored Links
You could add 30mm on to the door frame then run the stepped end skirt up to the add on.

Although you will then have to trim the door back by 30mm. Working on the assumption that the skirt depth is 25mm and needing a few mm to inset the door hinges.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back