Skirting round corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all not many posts so far on here but in need of desperate help please.

I would like to get skirting boards round a fairly tight external rounded corner I have researched kerf cutting but with a 220mm skirting which is sort of fancy but I think I will struggle.

I have seen it done previously with lots of small sections ,

Does anyone know how to go about finding the angles to use lots of small pieces to form the curve?

Any better ideas?

Photo to follow of skirting and corner

Thanks in advance!!!!

Sponsored Links
Can't access you pics, to add pics to post just click on ''show my images' just below the post box and click on image to add to post.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, I found that picture also, that's how I would like to do it but looking for guidance on to measure the angles to achieve it? Looks pretty tricky....[/i]

Cheers, I found that picture also, that's how I would like to do it but looking for guidance on to measure the angles to achieve it? Looks pretty tricky....[/i]
You divide the 90 degree's by the number of cut to get the angle for each.
2x45 or 4x22.5 etc .

You don't say if the finish has to be varnish/wood or painted, if painted you could have a piece of bendy mdf profiled to the skirting shape and use that!
...pinenot :)

Thanks for the help so far guys

The mdf sample in the picture is the profile we are looking at we will probably paint them white at this stage.

How flexible is thin Mdf would it bend all the way round ?

I had a company make up compound curved flying panels which formed one of the features of a well known bingo chains design back in the late 90's. 1/2" bendy mdf can achieve a radius of 6", I'm informed. Pre-curved mdf skirting corners are available, where I'm not sure, but you could start your search with these guys - http://www.skirtingboardsdirect.com/prod1.asp?ID=279 ...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back