Town house renovation modern. Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Guys currently renovating town house. Please see picture. This is 3rd floor front bedroom. I decided to take old fire out as dont want in bedrooms. Now question is do I board over or do I box out. Also the two recesses.. board over or use them? Pls help thanks. Hope pics uploaded

Sponsored Links
If you board over the recesses and fireplace you will just be left with a featureless box for a room. If thats what you want, then go for it, its your house. Don't be surprised when you come to sell though if it puts a lot of people off.

Jay

I'm not talking to you if you've ripped original fireplaces out! I've restored them in two of my bedrooms and they look beautiful in my opinion. Now I'm never going to light them, but I wouldn't remove the period feature.

Sponsored Links
Personally, I wouldn't do either. I think fireplaces are great features even if not in use.

And as said above, they are also good selling points.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back