Excel formula to calculate electricity bill

While I'm on, I wonder if others also find irritating the habit of energy companies to give estimated readings to the nearest 0.1 unit. As actual readings are whole numbers this is pointless. No doubt the figure is generated by an algorithm but it could easily be set up to round to a whole number.
I had not noticed until you said, I see "We estimated" 35699.3 followed by "you gave" 35764 but next was after smart meter fitted "Smart meter" 2.8 and "smart meter" 123.9 the "Other" 414.4 I am sure last time I looked it said "We estimated" where it now says "Other" it does allow me to enter two readings 1 and 2, I assume one is peak the other off peak? but as to why with a smart meter I would want to clamber up to where the meter is to read it I don't know, as to working out bills near impossible without going to the meter, which as said since now a smart meter should not need to. But the app shows 1716624701082.png so most at off peak, but the bars would be hard to measure and add up to work out how much of the 7.30 kWh is at 8.95p and how much at 31.31p my solar panel software is the same, it per day which shows import to user as 7.1 kWh however I have a feeling the BG day is 01:00 am to 01:00 am BST where the solar panel day is 00:00 to 00:00 am BST?

Sponsored Links
I had not noticed until you said, I see "We estimated" 35699.3 followed by "you gave" 35764 but next was after smart meter fitted "Smart meter" 2.8 and "smart meter" 123.9 the "Other" 414.4 I am sure last time I looked it said "We estimated" where it now says "Other" it does allow me to enter two readings 1 and 2, I assume one is peak the other off peak? but as to why with a smart meter I would want to clamber up to where the meter is to read it I don't know, as to working out bills near impossible without going to the meter, which as said since now a smart meter should not need to. But the app shows View attachment 344173 so most at off peak, but the bars would be hard to measure and add up to work out how much of the 7.30 kWh is at 8.95p and how much at 31.31p my solar panel software is the same, it per day which shows import to user as 7.1 kWh however I have a feeling the BG day is 01:00 am to 01:00 am BST where the solar panel day is 00:00 to 00:00 am BST?
I haven't got a smart meter (and don't want one!) so don't know about your problem, but sounds like a pain.
I just meant it's annoyingly illogical to give an estimate to 0.1 unit, when actual readings are in whole units.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back