Motorised valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m running a water feed to the front of the house for watering and jet washing. There’s a water feed in the cellar as the washing machine used to be there. The simplest thing to do is run a bit of hose through the existing hole where the washing machine drain pipe used to be.

Because of where the tap is in the cellar, Id like to put a motorised valve in which I intend to control with an IKEA smart switch. (We have ikea smart lighting already). The ones I’ve seen are 22mm and are designed to operate down to 2 deg C. Although they are seemingly all central heating zone valves, is there a reason I can’t use one for cold water?

Sponsored Links
Because of where the tap is in the cellar, Id like to put a motorised valve in which I intend to control with an IKEA smart switch. (We have ikea smart lighting already). The ones I’ve seen are 22mm and are designed to operate down to 2 deg C. Although they are seemingly all central heating zone valves, is there a reason I can’t use one for cold water?

They are not suitable for the pressure of mains water.

You can buy solenoid valves, suitable for mains pressure.

You can get a device that will turn a ball valve on and off...

Sponsored Links
You can get full bore valves that are motorised operation

1714993096675.png

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back