The DIY habits of the UK have been exposed, with a new survey revealing the top gardeners are in the south and the best electricians can be found in Scotland and Wales.
European DIY marketplace ManoMano has compiled a map of DIY habits across the country, revealing:
- DIYers in the south of England are big into their bathrooms, kitchens and plumbing
- Top gardeners can be found in the south, but the worst are in London and the north-east of England
- Northern DIYers mostly keep on top of their interior design with paints, wallpaper and flooring.
- Northern Ireland has the most tool-savvy fixers
- The best electricians are in Scotland and Wales.
Among the UK’s love of DIY shopping, the most popular purchases highlight some obscure fun finds for several cities in the UK.
- Silver glitter furniture paint is highly sought after by decorators in Bradford and Sheffield
- Silver sparkle wallpaper is popular in Liverpool and Manchester
- The Arthouse Enchantment Room Divider is popular in London (perhaps due to roommate conflicts here)
- Kitchen step stools are thriving in Oxford with the Outdoor Half Step for Disabled & Elderly
- Luxury chrome toilet roll holder is a top seller in Southampton
- Practical Glaswegians like their chain oil for chainsaws
- TheXXL Drywall Lift is a must buy for DIY shoppers in Bristol
The map was created to mark International DIY Day earlier this month.
Philippe de Chanville, co-founder of ManoMano, said: “International DIY Day has been created to encourage more people to embrace DIY, by getting started or completing any long-awaited projects – big or small.“
“The day perfectly resonates with ManoMano’s original and long-term aim to make DIY and home improvements more accessible and affordable, especially by providing a first-of-its-kind customer experience in a sector that is still dominated by long-time established brands and traditional retail chain,” adds co-founder Christian Raisson.