1.5mm twin and earth used outside

Sponsored Links
Saxondale, I'm still waiting to hear about this salt damage you think has damaged those cables. :rolleyes:

Saxondale, I'm still waiting to hear about this salt damage you think has damaged those cables. :rolleyes:

sorry I was off making lurve to a beautiful woman (but dont tell the wife LOL) aint no way those clips have rusted that quick - the whole piccy looks like it was taken on Brighton pier, either way it isnt sun damage thats effected the cable like that.

sorry

Sun damage, salt damage......either way, general purpose pvc t&e is not for outside use when unprotected.
It's the way of a cowboy, simple as that.

Sponsored Links
Sun damage, salt damage......either way, general purpose pvc t&e is not for outside use when unprotected.
It's the way of a cowboy, simple as that.

Does that mean all pvc coated armoured cable cant be clipped direct as well ? :LOL:

Since when has PVC/SWA been general purpose t&e?

Oh and Saxondale, YOU ARE WRONG.

It is a harmonised t&e which has been subjected to no unusual external influences. I'm sorry if you think that the clips wouldn't have rusted that quick, but they DID. I SAW THEM WITH MY OWN TWO EYES (and my camera)

Maybe it was the sea air in land locked, middle of the country, couldn't be further from the sea Leeds?

It has been broken down by UV.

pvc is pvc wether ir be swa or twin and skin, its all going to be affected by uv, general use is a big term since the ordinary joe public can go to bodgeit and quick and buy swa off the shelf

Doesn't the PVC used in SWA have additives to help protect it against UV?

Doesn't the PVC used in SWA have additives to help protect it against UV?

you tell me ?

the swa im replaicing at the moment is only five years old but is shot to pieces as well as all the mem 20a pvc isolators know which ones i mean ?
replaicing with lsf :(

so if i post a piccy and claim its non harmonised 30 year old stuff that makes us quits ?

of course it doesnt and no you shouldnt clip direct outside but a 6 inch piece feeding a floodlight up under the eaves is going to outlast most of us here

keep things in perspective

of course it doesnt and no you shouldnt clip direct outside but a 6 inch piece feeding a floodlight up under the eaves is going to outlast most of us here

keep things in perspective

I would still pull it on a PIR.
Also a problem with incorrect glanding as most glands which are part of outdoor fittings are designed for circular cables.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back