1 radiator only working help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
all radiators except 1 nearest the boiler are cold they all have thermastatic valves on them there was some air in the one that was working i bled it and is now ok bled the rest of the radiators but found no air in them but they are stone cold all radiators are on the same level

Sponsored Links
Check you have power to the pump with all the ch controlls on, room stat timer ect, if power to the pump check its spinning freely (at least 1500 rpm). what type of boiler/ system is it

I would say that the thermostatic valves have stuck themselves in the off position rather than a too small a pump as this would have been a problem from the word go.

take off the heads of the TRV's depending on the type you can usually do this by unscrewing them at the bottom of the head.

once off you should be able to see a pin. push it with a screwdriver, not heavily, if it don't go down then it is stuck

call your plumber to sort it out they should not need replacing just freeing off

Who said to small a pump ? I said said check it was working

Sponsored Links
djmeluk

You say all your radiators have thermostatic valves,there should be one without it unless it is bypass somewhere,to helps to protect the pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back