1 ton slate bag on pavement

Slit the bag to let the contents spill onto pavement where it will be dead easy to shovel off, 10-15 barrows and your done.

Don't have a wheelbarrow. I do have a shovel and a bucket though.
I will have a go at this over the weekend. I am a skinny tiny bloke. I was thinking of shifting it over a month. But, then again, if only I had know that the driver wouldn't have a crane!

Sponsored Links
Surely, it will only take a couple of hours to wheel barrow a ton?

Edit, I didn't notice that you don't have a wheel barrow. I hadn't realised how expensive they are these days.

Last edited:
Don't have a wheelbarrow. I do have a shovel and a bucket though.
I will have a go at this over the weekend. I am a skinny tiny bloke. I was thinking of shifting it over a month. But, then again, if only I had know that the driver wouldn't have a crane!
I’m 10 1/2 stone , a couple of years short of 80 and if I couldn't move that with a barrow in an hour id have to think about moving to town.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have a goods trolley. So, I am going to use this and buckets tomorrow.

I did 8 tons in a day and got a hernia as a reward.

Blup

When I was about 16, I did some casual work for a landscaper in Harrow on the Hill. He had to level a 25m+ wide garden that had a 1.5m drop over a depth of about 15m.

Someone else built a retaining wall but there was no access from the back because it backed on to a cricket pitch. Everything had to be wheel barrowed from the front drive down the side gate.

For the first week, each day a (full height) tipper truck delivery spewed large lumps of reclaimed concrete on the drive. The lumps were so large that they had to be lifted in to the wheelbarrow.

The tippers were this size (not that company though)

Vehicles-2.jpg

Given the size of the lumps of concrete, I have no idea how much each delivery actually weighed. I am however convinced that after the first week, I was an inch shorter and my arms were 2" longer.

Sponsored Links
Back