10.5kw shower installation

DONT FORGET THAT CABLES CAN NOT SIT DIRECTLY ON THE PLASTERBOARD CEILING AS THIS IS NOT WITHIN A PRESCRIBED CABLE ZONE SO WHY NOT TRY TO KEEP THE CABLE ABOVE THE INSULATION AND ALWAYS REMEMBER TO USE RCD PROTECTION.

This is simply not true, and has no basis in BS7671.

Also, posting in upper case is simply annoying and pointless.

I am in learning mode today - so can you tell me which bit is not true. Putting aside the RCD issue - is it the case that cables can sit directly on ceiling plasterboard - because surely that would be less than 50mm deep?
This is true, cables concealed within the fabric of the building ( which includes a ceiling) of a depth less than 50mm from the surface must not be routed outside the prescribed zones without additional mechanical protection. unless under the supervision of a skilled or instructed person which is clearly not someone who can`t read upper case . please be caerfull who you seek advice from, always consult a qualified person. for reference on permitted cable route zones see (pocket guide 6) . for cables passing through or over joists check out pocket guide 21.

OK Your quoting tags are a bit of a pig's ear, but I think I see what you are trying to say. If you really believe that, please let me know which BS7671 regulation you are invoking in your statement. 'Pocket guide 6' doesn't exactly sound like a definitive standard. I've certainly never heard of it.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Presumably there's a Pocket Guide 21 somewhere, for those that can be *rsed to search... :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back