10 year guarantee

Gravity hot water?
Boiler directly below cylinder I'll be lucky if theres 2 metres of 28mm pipe in the gravity circuit
Elect shower in summer costing 4 times as much to run?
but using only a quarter of the water than I would running a bath.
An old cast-iron lump of a boiler?
Not as efficient, granted. But its bulletproof and will last longer than a copper one. It might well outlast me!
Only 4" of insulation? Boxes are not insulation, get 12" up there and seal off with gun all holes in the ceiling and a sealed hatch.
Yes they are. If you don't believe me ask a tramp. The polystyrene packing inside is an even better insulation. The extra insulation is actually up there and might even get done one day. I just can't be asred doing it cos no one will pay me.
Get the system updated. You can knock 30% of that bill, get a decent shower and use the boiler all year around. Best get a high quality flowrate combi giving great showers. You will never look back.

This is where you really are wrong. My annual bill for gas alone was about £320 -£350. I am already going to reduce that to say £250 as a worst case scenario. So you are saying that I can reduce this by 30% and save £75 a year. So by the time I got an ethos 54c before I account for any pipe, fittings, allowance for time off work etc while I fit it, part L compliance and my reduced rate corgi fee for registering it. At your previously quoted £1200 -£1300 plus vat.... Say £1500 inc I will expect a 20 year payback on a more complicated boiler that has more parts in it to go wrong. NO THANKS.
Even if you came and fitted it for free I still wouldn't be interested unless I decide to do some major building project on my house. That old olympic is staying just where it is. If they trebled the gas price tomorrow it will still stay where it is. I spend enough time fixing everyone else's boilers. When I get home I dont want any grief from mine.
Keep your super duper flowrates, salesmanship and hype I just want to stay warm and get a wash now n then.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back