100A fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My consumer unit needs changing as I have one of the old fuse types with only 4 fuses. 1 for my shower, 1 for both rings upstairs and down and 1 each for the lighting circuits. I have also noticed that my main fuse is marked as 60/80A. Could I get the leccy board to come around and change this for a 100A fuse and will they leave the old one out while I change the consumer unit? also will they charge me?

Sponsored Links
If you are changing the consumer unit yourself, you now need Building Regulations approval from your local council, which is so much trouble that you may find it easier and no more expensive to employ an electrician to do it for you (the better ones are members of an Approved Scheme which means they can do the tests and documentation for you).

JohnD said:
(the better ones are members of an Approved Scheme which means they can do the tests and documentation for you).
doesn't make them a better spark though. :oops: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back