10mm pipe earth bonding / clamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question please.

The smallest earth clamps i can find make reference to a minimum pipe size of 12mm. The pipes in my bathroom are 10mm, I assume this will still fit okay?

Are there any alternatives?

Where I need to fit this clamp it is a bit of a tight spot. How short / small are the smallest one you can buy?

Sponsored Links
You can do supplementary bonding close to the location also - is there access to the heating pipework in a local cupboard?

Regs are a bit vague and just mention close-by.

Can you not just RCD protect all circuits that come in to the bathroom?

Sponsored Links
are you talking water or heating pipes ?

as i doubt you have 10mm water pipes you must be on about the radiator pipes in which case can you not use a radiator earth clamp? rather than clamping the pipes?

Yes, it is a central heating pipe.

I have recently had a couple of towel radiators fitted so I can't use a radiator clamp anymore.

I am trying to make it look as tidy as possible, but it is not easy! What are the normal solutions to towel radiators because you don't generally see wires dangling from them when you see a good install! :confused:

Does your towel radiator have an electric element in addition to being heated by the central heating?

Does your towel radiator have an electric element in addition to being heated by the central heating?

No I believe not....unfortunately by the sound of it :cry:

In B&Q t'other day I saw some Earth Clips which where effectively a ring of copper that fits snugly around the pipe and a screw through a protruding part at the top.

Is this effectively the same thing as teh more traditional earth clamps?

I will add a picture later if I can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back