10mm speed fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thinking of using speedfit on the droppers for my ch system as rooms will be plastered,so I can sink them in the wall. What is the best thing to cover them with before the plaster goes on.

Sponsored Links
If you have to use speedfit use 15mm instead of 10mm. Youre just asking for trouble with 10mm speedfit pipe.

its only for droppers to rads, 15mm would be hard work to get neat to a socket at the back of a rad.

If you have to use speedfit use 15mm instead of 10mm. Youre just asking for trouble with 10mm speedfit pipe.

WHY????

its what it is designed for, as long as barrier pipe is use and the pipe runs not excessive its perfect for the job

Sponsored Links
Just seen a lot of it blocked before, the actual pipe diameter is 10mm but with inserts its just 7mm. I agree that with a clean system it should be fine but in a less than perfect system it does tend to block up quite easily. So i wouldn't personally plaster 10mm into the wall as op is suggesting

it will be a complete new system, shall I install it in some tubing ? or can you just plaster over it? will I get heat cracks in plaster.

Install it in trunking or conduit. The metal or plastic typre used for electric cables should be fine. So long as the pipe doesn't come into direct contact with the plaster and you leave sufficient room for expansion you should be ok

with it being barrier pipe do I need to put plastic trunking over it

Yes. Barrier pipe just means it's actually a pipe lined with another pipe, ie. pipe in pipe. Single wall pipe is fine for water supplies, but barrier is needed for ch to stop oxygen through pipe wall corroding system.

The chanelling will allow for a bit of expansion rather than having plaster in direct contact with the pipes.

View media item 59466 View media item 59465

Any tips for running Into the boxes under windows as you can't drop straight into them for nice neat tails to rads.

Down corner of room straight across tight under window sill and down into the box if the standard practice

I was going go run up not far from around the window, seems a lot of pipe waste going across room to corner and up.

As above, drop in the corner, far less chance of damage due to fitting shelves, pictures, curtain rail etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back