115 degree beads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm after a flexible bead that I can use on the two starting corners that are on the edges of a bay window. The angle must be at about 115 degrees to the external wall. I tried using a 90' plasterboard bead but it wont bed enough. Can anyone recommend?

It's just something for the plasterer to work upto, originally when the angles were done they didnt use a bead

Thanks in advance

CoXen

Sponsored Links
The angle must be at about 115 degrees to the external wall. I tried using a 90' plasterboard bead but it wont bed enough. Can anyone recommend?

It's just something for the plasterer to work upto, originally when the angles were done they didnt use a bead

I'm assuming it's a thin coat you're after....

How about a thin coat edging bead positioned on the most optimum side? (& protruding slightly)
(e.g. http://www.wickes.co.uk/Plaster-Stop-Bead/invt/224660)
If the mesh side is plastered first, it should hold secure for the edge to be worked to from the other side. After the first side has set of course ;)

As alternative, if you put two edge beads back to back, then I'd imagine the spine may look a little thick, tho would be another option.
If it showed after plastering, a bead of caulk could smooth out.

that;s it, it's literally just a skim and a uniformed edge is what I'm after. I would have thought this must be an issue that plastering all bay windows has. I thought a plastic bead might bend but I've been advised they are tough as ****

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back