118 trades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heard of them? advertised with them?

we did 18 months ago, my wife spoke to the sales guy, who told us there was a moneyback gaurentee, all we had to do was send a letter off at the end if we werent satisfied with the level of calls we received from it. We signed up. They promised good advertising, national press, advertising in diy stores etc. seemed like it was worth giving it a go.

12 months in we wrote to them as we hadnt had a single contact from them. Complain at the end and well give you the refund we were told. 18 months, contract up, not a single call through that advertising. (we ask all callers where they find our details from, and we used the same advert as in other publications which got us shedloads of work)

so we asked for our money back, and guess what? Thats right, they are refusing the refund. They have said that because we didnt send the advert content back within 14 days at the start we have breached the money back offer. Funnily enough we were never told this at the time, nor was there anything in writing. Funnily enough at the time my wife was giving birth, which had various complications thus the delay in sending the stuff back. Amazingly though (and as we sent it back late we suffered as the advert didnt get set up) they took another 3 months to get the advert right. :evil:

Now this bunch were featured on watchdog last year due to the number of complaints about them. Ive just sent off another angry letter and contacted watchdog. If anyone has had similar problems with them id be intrested to know. If this post persuades one person not to advertise with them ill be very happy!

BASTARDS!!!

Sponsored Links
I would have thought something odd from the start.

why would they offer you your money back after x time? all you would have to do is say you had no calls to get money back (even if you did get calls)

the fact they never called you to "test the ad" seems a bit sus

you live and learn, and my wife dealt with it and to be honest at the time our minds were on other things somewhat! The biggest joke is they use the catchline of no cowboys. Bit rich really

Sponsored Links
Back