13A to 5V adaptor is this allowed?

In the many hundreds of PCs I've seen, and the many I've built for myself and others, I have not once seen an external label for the PSU.

Me neither.

Then they have just a 4 year life span. First PAT test they fail unless tester is willing to dismantle them!

Are you talking about a
label?
I would say that would be pretty superfluous. All desktop/tower PC PSUs (ie. not laptop) that I have ever seen have been Class I. Any PC frame they are fitted into will also therefore be some flavour of Class I.
To mess about looking for a SI transformer label, and failing the appliance because you can't find one appears to me to be a massive, pointless waste of time. Give the whole assembly an appropriate Class I test sequence, and move on.

Sponsored Links
I was instructed where PC assembly has hidden the label of the power supply and the second label normally supplied with the power supply has not been affixed to the PC that I should return them. Or at least phone supplier and get them to send labels.

In the many hundreds of PCs I've seen, and the many I've built for myself and others, I have not once seen an external label for the PSU.
Then they have just a 4 year life span. First PAT test they fail unless tester is willing to dismantle them!

By 'dismantle' you mean 'remove two screws and slide a piece of steel sheet off'? ;)

By 'dismantle' you mean 'remove two screws and slide a piece of steel sheet off'? ;)
I mean break seals which manufactures have placed on case to stop one messing with it.
On my PC there is no problem the case side is removed by two thumb screws so access is permitted by non competent persons. My wife's requires a screw driver and has seals. Hers also has sticker giving details of power supply on rear so again no problem.
I realise many builders are lazy and don't affix the stickers but that is no excuse and in the past one phone call and stickers have been sent to affix to outside so as to comply.
It was this that made me wonder about the adaptor plugs. All my other plug in power supplies do have the
sign on them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back