14.4 Drill Driver.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can you guys give me a hand in choosing a drill driver please.

I've currently got the Ryobi 14.4V Twinpack CHICHD1442 from B&Q and what a load of rubbish, the battery dies in two seconds.

I've found the Bosch GSR 14.4VLi Li-Ion Drill Driver, this comes with 2 x 2.6ah batteries. Is it any good?

How would this rate to my existing ryobi and dewalt tools?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i like bosch, would not by dewalt as they are now made by back & decker

Sponsored Links
There seems to be this popular opinion that: a couple of years ago, Black and Decker bought out Dewalt, and instead of using the existing company's designs, materials and manufacturing facilities, simply sprayed their own tools yellow and stuck a DW badge on the side :LOL:

That said, get the Bosch. :mrgreen:

There seems to be this popular opinion that: a couple of years ago, Black and Decker bought out Dewalt, and instead of using the existing company's designs, materials and manufacturing facilities, simply sprayed their own tools yellow and stuck a DW badge on the side :LOL:

When in fact they bought them 50 years ago and started doing that 18 years ago.

There not a lot wrong with B&D. They are designed, marketed and sold for home use only, and do the job very well. Plenty of trades have b&d stuff in their tool kits, for occasional tasks that they don't do every day.

The DW drills get a bad name still (on here at least), the stuff they incorporated from ELU never gets any complaints though.

According to wikipedia they also bought out Porter Cable in 2004 and combined manufacturing with the DW brand. Maybe the PC stuff has let the side down?

B&D make some nice stuff. A friend of mine in Belgium has a near (but not entirely) impossible to find 14.4V combi which is mostly aluminium. He's been using it professionally for years.

On the other hand, they also make some cheap tat.

Dewalt stuff, I've heard, has been going down in quality in recent years. Whether that's a result of their purchase of Porter-Cable, or just because they're trying to make more money out of the name, I couldn't tell you.

However, you cannot go wrong with Bosch professional tools. They're nigh on indestructible.

Thanks guys,

Think it will be bosch then, have found one that comes with 3 2.6ah lithium batteries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back